Rebecca Tonks, St Ewe Free Range Eggs Ltd
‘We received great service from Paddle and Cocks Solicitors LLP, namely from Jennifer Burden who was a pleasure to deal with. Jennifer made it easy to discuss matters and responded to all our questions and queries in a timely, efficient and helpful manner. We will definitely continue to use Paddle and Cocks in the future.’
Nicky Berridge, – commercial sale
Jennifer qualified in 2007 and worked at a Stephens Scown LLP for 15 years, progressing to the position of Senior Associate, prior to joining Paddle & Cocks in 2020. Jennifer is an experienced Commercial Property Solicitor with a specialism in Rural and Agricultural property transactions. She is a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association and Member of the Country Land and Business Association.
Jennifer advises on all aspects of Commercial Property transactions including:
- Commercial freehold acquisitions and disposals
- Disposal and acquisition of farms and land
- Option Agreements
- Conditional Contracts
- Grant and Release of Easements
- Grant and Surrender of Farm Business Tenancies and Surrender of Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies
- Commercial Landlord & Tenant work
- Commercial and Agricultural Mortgage work
Recent projects include:
- Assisting with the refinancing of a large agricultural and commercial land holding of approximately 1,100 acres with a value in excess of £10million.
- Advising on a series of related high value agricultural land and building sales (including residential elements) totalling circa. 1850 acres, to include transfers of Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements, Higher Level Stewardship Scheme, apportionment of Rights of Common, transfer of Feed-in-Tariff on renewable energy technology, sporting rights and easements for access and water supplies with a cumulative value in excess of £5million.
- Advising on the purchase of an agricultural site for commercial development with complex conditional contracts and overage arrangements and bank financing.
- Complex division of land in a large family Estate involving multiple land transfers of both registered and unregistered freehold land.
- Purchase of investment properties for letting/holiday lets.