‘You’ve done an excellent job in dealing with this so quickly and pragmatically’.
Stephen Dash – The Dash Group February 2019
‘My mortgage broker recommended me to Paddle & Cocks, and I am so glad they did! I will certainly be using them again, as Penny was so efficient, and extremely thorough in her advice. In my experience of using a solicitor for legal advice and debt collection in my business, I have had to chase like crazy, and experienced delay after delay… not with Paddle & Cocks. I have had excellent service, advice and great communication throughout. Thank you Penny’.
Amanda Kerrison May 2019
‘Penny sorted out the legals on a share sale of our company. This was a time critical instruction and Penny went above and beyond to make sure everything was done within the timescales we had. A very professional job. Well done.’
PB Director May 2020
Joint Managing Partner
Head of Corporate and Commercial Law
Penny trained at City of London law firm, Mayer Brown and qualified into the Corporate Group in 1994 where she handled a mixture of Corporate and Commercial work for blue chip companies and household names. From there she went on to head up the UK In-House Legal team for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for e-commerce provider, GE Information Services where her responsibilities included setting up Joint Ventures with local partners throughout the EMEA region and licensing e-commerce solutions.
In 2004 she went back into private practise as a partner at C J Hough LLP, advising of all aspects of Corporate and Commercial work. Penny has spent the last 5 years working as a Consultant Lawyer prior to joining up with Verona Cocks to set up Paddle & Cocks LLP.
Penny advises on all aspects of Corporate & Commercial law including:
- Acquisitions, Disposals and Mergers
- Group Restructuring
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Shareholders’ and Partnership Agreements
- Company incorporation
- Technology and Media
- Development Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Terms of Business
- Intellectual Property & Software/App Development & Licensing
Recent work includes advising:
- on the de-merger of a law firm;
- on an asset purchase of the business of the provision of independent ambulances to private patients, private health care providers and the National Health Service
- a Skiwear company on first round private equity funding;
- a national print and distribution company on the implementation of GDPR;
- on the sale of Intellectual Property of a well known design brand in the lighting sector.