Joint Managing Partner
Head of Corporate and Commercial Law
Penny trained at City of London law firm, Mayer Brown and qualified into the Corporate Group in 1994 where she handled a mixture of Corporate and Commercial work for blue chip companies and household names. From there she went on to head up the UK In-House Legal team for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for e-commerce provider, GE Information Services where her responsibilities included setting up Joint Ventures with local partners throughout the EMEA region and licensing e-commerce solutions.
In 2004 she went back into private practise as a partner at C J Hough LLP, advising of all aspects of Corporate and Commercial work. Penny has spent the last 5 years working as a Consultant Lawyer prior to joining up with Verona Cocks to set up Paddle & Cocks LLP.
Penny advises on all aspects of Corporate & Commercial law including:
- Acquisitions, Disposals and Mergers
- Group Restructuring
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Shareholders’ and Partnership Agreements
- Company incorporation
- Technology and Media
- Development Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Terms of Business
- Intellectual Property & Software/App Development & Licensing
Recent work includes advising:
- on the de-merger of a law firm;
- on an asset purchase of the business of the provision of independent ambulances to private patients, private health care providers and the National Health Service
- a Skiwear company on first round private equity funding;
- a national print and distribution company on the implementation of GDPR;
- on the sale of Intellectual Property of a well known design brand in the lighting sector.