We had Jess Cornish work on our case from start to finish. Jess was personable, acted quickly, and explained everything to us in layman’s terms. Thank you for all your help Jess!
B Honey of Death to Bad Hair
Jessica has acted for us in the past and continues represent our company on property transactions and provide advice on corporate deals. We have found her to be energetic with an attention to detail and the ability to negotiate good outcomes. We also appreciate her ability to identify and advise on key issues and summarise in a way that enables us to make decisions.
Anthony Skitt of Classic Cottages
On wanting to purchase a property we were put in contact with the Consultant Solicitor for commercial property Jess Cornish at Paddle and Cocks. She has been nothing short of brilliant. She was faced with many different challenges and yet she dealt with the situation in an exceptional manner with a huge amount of professionalism. She always kept us up to speed, always helped us manage the situation and was in short just brilliant. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Jess qualified in 2011 having trained whilst studying for her law exams at the same time. She became a partner in a local law firm in 2012 and remained so until joining Paddle & Cocks LLP in 2019 as a Consultant Solicitor. Jess has over 10 years’ experience helping small to medium businesses achieve their goals, and now specialises in Commercial Property work. Jess won Best Junior Lawyer at the Cornwall Law Society Awards 2011 for her commitment to technology in legal services.
Jess Cornish is a Commercial Property Solicitor and has experience across a wide range of property transactions including new business leases, renewal leases, lease assignments, lease surrenders, pub leases, community projects, agricultural land, farm business tenancies, retail units, and solar farm developments.
• The sale of a garden centre for over £1.5M;
• Purchase and subsale of development land for over £1M;
• Coordinating 5 simultaneous lease renewals in community office space;
• acting for a family and their company in expanding their franchise ownership in local area. Involved creating a complex Property structure to utilise SIPP resources;
• Acting for farming family in respect of a Promotion Agreement for a Development Site in West Cornwall;
• Acting for successful local holiday letting business in acquiring several properties as part of a targeted expansion plan.
• Landlord and tenant matters;
• New business leases and lease renewals;
• Subletting and assignment of business leases;
• Development site acquisition and disposal;
• Option agreements;
• Promotion agreements;
• Commercial freehold sales and purchases;
• Agricultural land;
• Property development work;
• Commercial property finance.
Jess is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association.