London: 0203 7456535 · Truro: 01872 672072
Jess qualified in 2011 having trained whilst studying for her law exams at the same time. She became a partner in a local law firm in 2012 and remained so until joining Paddle & Cocks LLP in 2019 as a Consultant Solicitor. Jess has over 10 years’ experience helping small to medium businesses achieve their goals, and now specialises in Commercial Property work. Jess won Best Junior Lawyer at the Cornwall Law Society Awards 2011 for her commitment to technology in legal services.
Jess Cornish is a Commercial Property Solicitor and has experience across a wide range of property transactions including new business leases, renewal leases, lease assignments, lease surrenders, pub leases, community projects, agricultural land, farm business tenancies, retail units, and solar farm developments.
Recent projects include:
• The sale of a garden centre for over £1.5M;
• Purchase and subsale of development land for over £1M;
• Coordinating 5 simultaneous lease renewals in community office space;
• acting for a family and their company in expanding their franchise ownership in local area. Involved creating a complex Property structure to utilise SIPP resources;
• Acting for farming family in respect of a Promotion Agreement for a Development Site in West Cornwall;
• Acting for successful local holiday letting business in acquiring several properties as part of a targeted expansion plan.
Jess Cornish advises on all aspects of Commercial Property transactions, including:
• Landlord and tenant matters;
• New business leases and lease renewals;
• Subletting and assignment of business leases;
• Development site acquisition and disposal;
• Option agreements;
• Promotion agreements;
• Commercial freehold sales and purchases;
• Agricultural land;
• Property development work;
• Commercial property finance.
Jess is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Legal Association.